Monday, February 25, 2008

29 degrees to 23 degrees

How ungrateful would I be if I did not thank my Heavenly Father for giving me such a brave girl. She has gone through so much in her life that I would not be able to do. Today we had her year check up. It was the longest wait time that I can remember. Naomi's left hip cup has to grow around her leg. Every year they take a x-ray and see if the cup has moved any. Last year we got a bad x-ray saying that it has not moved any. So this year if it did not grow anything then she would have another surgery to put a bone in there to cup around the leg bone, and be in a spica cast(full body cast) for 4 months. That does not sound fun to me. So I happy to say that it moved from 29 degrees to 23 degrees. (That is really good if you didn't know that)
We could not be happier today.
So I very grateful to my family and friends for prayer and fasting for her this month. My life would not complete with all of you in it to support us. So tonight I say my prayers in gratitude for a good hip and good friends and family.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OH Jodi that is great news. I am so glad for both of you, she is such a great kid and Iam so happy she can keep on being a kid. Love Allie

Kristen said...

That's awesome Jodi! I'm so glad to hear everything went well.

Kim said...

Go Naomi!! I knew your shoe insert was the coolest fashion this year!!!!

dede said...

glad the hear it is improving - thanks for the visual - that is a cool looking x-ray - how many degrees do you want to end at?? (I am sure that this is not the medical way to ask this question - but hopefully you catch my drift!)

Roger Gibson said...

That's great to hear about Naomi! It's hard enough to be younger in a cast but you'd have to worry about missing school, etc. if she had to do it again. I'm SO glad for you!