Sunday, April 12, 2009

jyll and natalie

On Saturday we did the MS Walk at the Gateway.
We did it for my sister in law Jyll Mendenhall Roberts and Natalie Mendenhall
(middle picture of them)the MS sisters
Jyll had all the shirts made up for all 59 people that walked for her.
It was all amazing who came to support her. It is a nasty thing to have and
I hope that someday they will find a cure for MS.
You would never know that Jyll has MS. She will run circles around
everyone that I know. She works hard. She wants a family so bad
but MS does not stop her with that. She had a little girl Chloe in July.
There was thousands of people there walking, running and in a wheelchair.
We walked a 5K around Salk Lake with a break in the middle.
I was so proud my Dad and my Mom made it.(now that is dedication)
At the end they gave us medals. Sadie kept saying "I can't believe we won."
Eli said "I can't believe they gave us a bronze medal"
It was so much fun (and a excausting) day.
I can't wait to do it next year!!

5 comments:

dede said...

what a wonderful way to show support! Looks like you all had a good time! Love the matching shirts!

robin said...

If I did a 5k I would be saying the same thing as Eli "I can't believe they gave me a bronze medal"!!! hahaha!! that is so awesome what you guys did!

Saralin said...

What an inspiring way to spend a Saturday! Way to go!

Alicia Cerva said...

Are you ready to bring that cute baby over for pictures yet? I need a "test" baby for my studio! Let me know when you're ready!

Meredith said...

Hey Jodi! These are such cute pictures...I love that your whole family was in on the action, even Annette! My Aunt has MS in a really bad way so these things are close to my heart...I'm with you, I hope that they will find a cure for it someday, it must be one of the worst diseases. It has completely crippled my Aunt, she's basically a vegetable, it's so disheartening. I'm glad that Jyll is doing so well...it's such a weird disease; it hits some so hard and others not so much, I'm glad she's 'not so much.'